Monday, March 15, 2010

Brownies

I have brownies in the oven. I am doing the applesauce instead of oil/butter experiment. I hope they turn out. I calculated there to be 1250 calories in the 9X9" pan. If I cut them in 12 pieces it's just over 100 calories each. Not too bad. I really shouldn't be worried about it though. I ran 2.7 miles today in 25:10. Outside! I have been running outside for a week now. Last Monday and Friday I ran 3.65 miles on the paths around East Lansing. I did it in 35:40 on Monday and 33:48 on Friday. Last Thursday I ran 1.25 miles in 11:06 (an hour after eating a half batch of cookies and cookie dough...because I felt guilty). I think my times are pretty good. I have my first official 5K on Saturday. The Irish Jig in EGR. It should be fun. I know I can run it, so I am not too worried.

2 comments:

rightbrainedamoeba said...

yay! (what's the fat/caloric difference when you use aplesauce? I've done it before, and pretty much tasted the same...

Lesley Kerr said...

I can't remember off the top of my head, but you add the same amount of applesauce as you would butter/oil, so you could just subtract. The healthy ones were like 105 calories per piece, and i thing regularly they are maybe 180. I use unsweetened applesauce too, even better.