Tuesday, January 03, 2012

That was close

I’m a bit behind on my blogging, and I have already procrastinated this post since last year. For 2011, I made one goal. That was to run 1 mile a day, or 365 miles in one year. I’ve already blogged about my slow, or rather nonexistent start, so I’ll start where I left off about a month ago. Going into December I had more than 75 miles to run in order to achieve my goal. The month started out slow, but the fact that I was without a car and running to work really helped me out this week, and all month. I got back on track, logging a few long runs in addition to my 12 mile commute to and from work each week, and by Christmas I had just under 16 miles left. I previously decided to take Christmas off, so I was down to 6 days. But then I woke up Monday morning with a stomach flu. I went back to Lansing on Tuesday and considered running, but I was too exhausted and it was already dark when I woke up from my nap. I was feeling alright, but I had no energy for anything. I woke up Wednesday and ran to work. It was probably a bad decision, but I had to get some miles in. It took a lot out of me. I used all my energy up by the time work was over so I got a ride home. All of the sudden it was Wednesday night and I only had 1.2 miles for the week. I had to run 15 miles in 3 days. That usually isn’t a problem, but I had no idea if I would feel up to running. I was so close to 365; I had to do it. So I cranked out the miles. I ended with a 5 mile run on New Years Eve as my grand finale.

No comments: