Thursday, September 15, 2005

Art

I met this person, and this person [although this person doesn't know it] is like how I used to be. [mainly feeling sorry for myself and wanting others to feel sorry for me too]. I have come to despise the very person I used to be. It annoyed me that this person was literally asking people to feel sorry for her. I think it annoyed me so much because I could see myself doing the same thing. Then I realized that the feelings of wanting other people to feel sorry for me were almost gone. I might not have realized it if I hand't met this person. I didn't notice a gradual change or anything, it was just like, oh cool, I don't really do that anymore. -and I'm going to try not to.[yes, i will probably still complain about classes because of the sole fact that I probably didn't study enough for that exam, or i forgot to do the homework, or something. I've already found myself doing that. But that's not necessarily what I'm getting at. It's the feeling sorry for myself because I have no one to eat with, or nothing to do on a friday night, or no one is instant messaging me...[just some general examples].

So this is for the people that become frustrated with themselves because they don't see themselves changing: maybe you just don't notice it yet...its like artwork, you don't want to show anyone before you finish it, it ruins the surprise. And God is full of surprises.

No comments: