Monday, January 26, 2009

Box of Chocolates

My boss got me a box of chocolates for Christmas. Hershey's Pot of Gold, to be exact. That night I drove to Lowell to celebrate Christmas with my family. I opened the chocolates when I got home and counted 12 of them. Two of each kind. I let my parents and brothers have one each, and I had the rest. I wanted at least one of each... Then I put the box back with my stuff, I don't know why. I should have just thrown it away. Good thing I didn't throw it away because I was cleaning up some stuff this weekend and I found that box. It seemed a little on the heavy side, so I peeked under the piece of cardboard only to find another 12 delicious chocolates! I was so delighted to find them.

I was going to title this post with that famous Tom Hanks quote from Forrest Gump. You know the one...Then I realized life is not a box of Hershey's Pot of Gold chocolates. In the Pot of Gold life, you always know what you're going to get. Hershey has taken the guesswork out of life. What an idea!

3 comments:

rightbrainedamoeba said...

i love pot of gold. Dover's used to get those for us (?!?! stalkers.)

and i was always surprised to see the second layer, lol.

rightbrainedamoeba said...

oh haha. check out my "profile." i have like 4 blogs now. that is how lame i am : )

Melissa M. said...

You make my heart smile. Just so you know. :-)