Monday, November 07, 2011

Pumpkin Bars


I found a recipe for pumpkin cheese pie on the internet and decided that was a good use for the leftover pumpkin I had sitting in the fridge. I found some other recipes that were almost the same, so I used all of these to make my own recipe for Pumpkin Bars. Instead of the pie crust and pie format, I decided I wanted to use a ginger snap crust. I have never made one before, but it just sounded good to me. I used a little too much butter in the crust, so I think I will use one or two tablespoons less next time. Everything else was pretty good. This is the recipe I used:

Crust:
2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 40 cookies)
1/2 stick butter, melted (a little too much butter, try 6-7 TBSP next time)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13 in. pan. Mix melted butter and crushed cookies and press into the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.

Filling:
2 cups pumpkin puree
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix filling ingredients together and pour on top of crust. Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool before cutting.

No comments: